Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Monday, February 21, 2011
I have again changed the look of my tech blog. I've actually mulled over this for quite some time since I was also thinking of just moving everything to my own hosted Wordpress install. But, lazy as I am, I was content to tweak as little as I can. Posterous has a few really nice themes built-in so moving my stuff out was really a bad idea.
In case you're curious, here are some of the things that I intend to complete this month:
1. Finish half of my self-imposed OpenStack Compute reading assignment. Oh wait, that wouldn't be half, since I intend to test run an OpenStack Compute instance. :p
2. With my buddy Romar, complete and deploy a hosting infrastructure over AWS, using of all things, Pound as a proxy, with lots of small and micro EC2 instances serving data from a single, extra large and high-memory RDS instance.
3. Upgrade the main EC2 instance where Pound lives so it can take a beating. I will most likely do some tests with the actual traffic in order to determine if Pound is memory or CPU extensive; and this will help me decide which type of instance to upgrade to later on.
4. Upload one of my audio rants as a podcast. My being slightly OC doesn't help at all, really. I got half a mind wanting to redo them.
5. Complete a custom theme for my wife's food blog. Yeah, I owe her big time. Maybe I ought to bump this up to #1.
If you do stuff like I do, I'd be glad to hear from you.
Monday, February 14, 2011
I love the meticulous way these cakes are packed.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
I haven't written a proper blog entry since 2006. I feel that my recent entries are worthy of post tags that I would consider "forgettable", or "archive-able" (if there is such a thing).
I so need motivation. Anything to get the old drive for writing flowing in my veins again. I'd appreciate any inputs from you. Just leave a comment.
At this stage, I can't say I still want this blog focused on work and tech stuff. It's a great niche but while I'm transitioning, I think a few new categories will do me good. Perfectly understandable. Right.
Update: Oh, the 500-word project is a watered-down attempt at forcing myself to write. This should've been a 750-word project, but hey, I'm transitioning :p