So I took a crash review during the holiday break, read through all Google Apps for Work help articles I could get my hands on, and did self-study on Google Apps Administrator Fundamentals and Deployment Essentials.
I thought I could wing it with an hour or two of readings each day. Turns out that I had to read, practice, read some more, and recall deployments I was involved in. It was very humbling because I thought I knew a lot, and that if I made sure I understood different deployment use cases, I'd be fine. Boy, was I wrong. I was pulling at my hair trying to recall concepts and best practices around:
- Mail delivery architectures
- Directory Sync and user provisioning from LDAP servers
- Data migration from Microsoft Exchange, IBM Notes and Domino, and IMAP sources
- Configuration and support for mobile devices
- Security features like SSO, SSL, and compliance settings
Let me know if your company wants to transition to using Google Apps as your email, collaboration, and productivity solution.